Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vote: Much needed home makeover


My friend Malia's house is literally falling down around her little family. Her sister in law entered them in a contest for a home make over. I would love it (and so would Malia & her family) if you'd take a minute to vote for them to win this home make over.

Here's a little bit about why they need this help:
This past year they decided to upgrade the kitchen.
This was not a want, but a need.
Their budget was $5000.
Their three sons also share a room that was
freezing cold. So they decided to renovate that
room as well--as it sat adjacent to the kitchen.
When they uncovered the walls they found
cracks everywhere!
Suddenly a $5000 dollar job ballooned into
a 40-50K job.
They have had four different contractors come
out to give them advice.
All four have told them the whole thing
(kitchen & bedroom) needs to be completely
knocked down.
They're working on it slowly but surely,
with lots of help from friends & family,
but there is still A LOT to do.
Read the rest of their story & see videos of the house here.
And here's the link to their voting page.

THANKS!!!
(feel free to spread the word!)

2 comments:

  1. I never knew I had so many friends! Thanks so much Amy! Ps. I haven't read any of the Twilight series, but I read the Host and it is sooooo good. I'm betting the first books will be as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! I will vote! :D I was just whining on my blog about the drug house we are moving into but it's nothing like this...I wish them luck...I hope they win!

    ReplyDelete